Sunday 18 January 2009

Decision to Blog

Two days ago a friend, a new person in my life I should say, has let me into his world by giving me the link to his blog. I read it, I liked it. And I'm thankful.

I have always written things down in the past, usually in the form of thoughts and feelings rather than a diary of occurances. They are all over my laptop, in notebooks, on pieces of paper and even unsent letters however they have never been shared with anyone. The true reason for this being that I'm a perfectionist. And so for them to be published anywhere, they would have to have been perfect, in other words thought through and manipulated for the desired effect which I now reaslise defeats the purpose entirely.

I wrote less and less during my last relationship and when it ended last winter, so did my writing as I entered into a bit of a depression and I just couldn't face it. One year on and looking back, it probably would have helped me more than anything, even just to put things into perspective.

So after reading the said blog, I have now decided to give it a go and see what happens. I have had to make some promises to myself relating to this. 1) I would be totally honest and say it as it is 2) I would not pre-write my posts or manipulate them in any way and 3) I would not read anybody else's (apart from that of N) with fear of adopting their style. Oh and 4) I musn't tell people I know or else I won't be able to keep numbers 1-3!

Ok so here we are, let's begin!

Mariposa

No comments:

Post a Comment